Take action to green an area of your home, school, or community! Any positive action is an impactful action! Below are examples of what students can do. Green Bricks can provide ongoing support to ensure success with your sustainability initiative!
Secondary Classroom Ideas
- Organize a school-wide ugly sweater day to turn down thermostat
- Limit the idling cars in the parking lot and/or organize a walk/bike to school day
- Install a programmable thermostat for your home heating
- Change your incandescent lights for high efficiency lights (CFLs or LEDs)
- Buy and install a rain barrel to water your garden in the summer
- Challenge your family to reduce your garbage
- Get involved in your local government to make positive changes to your community!